January 2, 2006

A reader writes:

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and thank for your writings for the last year. I watched a FIFTEEN minute segment on Fox Friday on what happens in the brain that makes shopping so pleasurable, and I kept saying out loud, "What about gender differences?". But they never touched this obvious question, and by the end I was shouting and finally said, "Thank God for Steve."

That reminds me of a Chicago Tribune article from the mid-1980s about a tradition in the western half of Michigan: on the first day of deer season, the husbands go hunting, while their wives travel to Chicago, check into hotels, and go shopping on Michigan Avenue. The article, to its credit, was all about sex differences, but I was frustrated that the term "hunters and gatherers" never appeared in it. The more things change, the more they stay the same...


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: