January 2, 2006

You can't keep a bad man down!

Earlier this week came the news that Ahmad Chalabi's party did so horrendously in the latest election that it might not get a single seat in the new legislature, perhaps forcing Chalabi out of office. But, never bet against Ahmad-the-Thief! Today comes word that, election or no election, Chalabi has taken over the Oil Ministry.

As I wrote in The American Conservative last year:

In The New Yorker, Jane Mayer quoted Scott Ritter, the much-reviled but apparently truth-telling weapons inspector, as saying, "[Chalabi] told me [in 1998] that, if I played ball, when he became President he'd control all of the oil concessions, and he'd make sure I was well taken care of."


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: